The teaching moves from myth to history – from mythological time to earthly time and to learning the inter-relatedness of life through plant, animal and the earth. They will review and further develop their skills in fractions and decimals. The class will participate in an annual pentathlon event where they will play the ancient games of running, jumping, discus throwing, javelin and wrestling.
Curriculum: Main Lesson
Class Five Blocks: British Geography, Botany, Mythology and Ancient History, English and Maths.
- Ancient History (Cultural/historical themes): India, Persia, Mesopotamia, Egypt , Greece
- Geography of British Isles
- Geometry: Plane figures, constructions, Pythagoras
- Mathematics: Fractions and Decimals
- Music: Singing and Orchestra
- Handwork: Complex Knitting
- Woodwork: whittling
- English: reading, writing, and grammar to NC levels and above
- Foreign Languages
- Art: Painting, drawing, modelling
- PE – athletics and Olympic games