Curriculum: Main Lesson
Class Six Blocks: European Geography, Roman and Early Medieval History, Physics, Mineralogy, Astronomy, Geometry, Maths and English
The phenomena of acoustics, heat, magnetism and optics are explored through concrete application and experimentation. The culture of Ancient Rome is studied, with its emphasis on practical technology and law, and later on, the study of the Middle Ages provides an insight into the development of the human inner world, which the pupils themselves are becoming more aware of every day.
- History: the transition from ancient to modern: the decline of Greece, the rise and fall of Rome, and the effects of these cultures on European civilization up through the Middle Ages.
- Geography: Europe
- Physics: Acoustics, Optics o, Heat
- Geometry – theorems, proofs
- ICT Introduction to the hardware – taking a computer apart – what makes it work? Binary system? Word processing
- Mathematics: Percentage and Ratio
- Music: Singing and Orchestra
- Foreign Languages: French and German
- Art: Painting, perspective drawing, modelling
- PE & Games.