- Parent & Child
- Lower and Middle School
- British Values
- The Festival Year
- Term Dates
- Calendar of Events
- Room Hire
- Exhibition of Work
- Staff Area
Throughout the year Class Eight have a range of other classes that include additional main lesson blocks (e.g. Extra Reading) and specialist subjects: Modern Languages, Music, Art, Craft (Handwork), Eurythmy and Gardening. These classes build the child’s experience and learning, by complimenting the teaching in Main Lessons.
Curriculum: Main Lesson
Class Eight Blocks: World Geography, History, Physics, Chemistry, Physiology, English, Maths and Geometry
- History: the Industrial Revolution to the present day
- Geography as related to World Economics
- Physics: Acoustics, Thermodynamics, Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Hydraulics, Aerodynamics.
- Organic Chemistry
- Geometry: measurement of surfaces and volume, platonic solids.
- Mathematics: practical applications of arithmetic, algebra, and geometry, Graphing
- Music: Singing and Orchestra, Elizabethan Music, General Music, Symphonic Form
- Handwork: Machine Sewing & designing and making clothes; Artistic Hand-Sewing Projects
- Eurythmy: poems with contrasting moods
- English: the short story, letters, and Shakespearean drama analysed, adapted and performed; Grammar, Comprehension, Consolidation.
- Foreign Languages
- Art: Painting highlights and shadows in portraits and landscapes
- PE and Games